Scotts EZ Seed® is guaranteed to grow grass even in the toughest places. Dry sunny areas. Densely shade areas, play areas, and even poor soil areas. I was eager to improve the look of our back yard, so I had to try it.
Now if you have ever planted grass seed before, the first thing about Scotts EZ seed that you will notice is the price. Around 45 dollars for a 20 pound bag, EZ Seed is on the expensive end of grass seed. A 20 pound bag of EZ SEED will cover about 210 square feet of lawn. Compare that to a 20 pound bag of regular grass which can cover up to 2500 square feet.
Good old grass seed will require some work to a certain extent, but it often requires reseeding and careful fertilization to achieve any degree of success and the grass simply does not last or look that great sometimes. EZ Seed is a little more expensive, but the results are impressive.
Scotts EZ Seed requires only moisture, as the fertilizer and mulch is part of the mix. Once you have applied the mix to the coverage area as directed on the package, caring for the seeded area is simple. Keep it watered is about it. When the mixture lightens in color, it means it is dry and needs to be watered.
I used a test area first, and planted about 100 square feet of densely shaded area with the recommended amount of EZ Seed. With a little water almost every day I had a nicely sprouting miniature lawn in 12 days. Since that time, I have planted the intended coverage areas and have had a nice thick grass for almost a year. That is a record worth passing on.
I planted Scotts EZ Seed on a piece of concrete to test the Scotts claim that it would grow. It did. I am sold on Scotts EZ Seed.
This revolutionary grass seeding product contains a super absorbent growing material that absorbs water and expands to surround seed in a moist, protective layer. The mix then cares for the seed, infusing them with water and nourishment, so it can build strong roots that survive tough conditions – making it is easy for you to grow grass, guaranteed!
EZ Seed® lawn seed is available in Sun & Shade Mix, Tall Fescue and Bermuda. EZ Seed also has a Dog Spot repair product that repairs bare spots in your lawn caused by urine damage from your dogs.
Overview & Benefits of Scotts EZ Seed
- Revolutionary seeding mix that guarantees seeding success!.
- Repairs bare spots in dry, sunny, densely shaded and poor soil areas. Great for repairing wear and tear!
- Unique combination of Scotts® high performance seed, premium continuous release lawn food and Scotts® super-absorbent growing material.
- Growing material absorbs water and expands to surround and protect seed from drying out and dying out.
Scott EZ seed mix that guarantees seeding success! The unique combination of Scotts® high performance seed, premium continuous release lawn food, and super-absorbent growing material, makes it possible for grass to grow anywhere, guaranteed. Scotts® EZ Seed® now has a tackifier to reduce seed wash-away on sloped areas of your lawn.
How to Use
1. PREP – Simply prepare the area you want to grow grass. Remove dead grass and loosen hard soil to help tiny seedlings root.
2. APPLY – Evenly apply EZ Seed® so the area is mostly covered, but bare ground is still visible so that seed contacts the soil. The mulch will expand 4X upon watering to help cover the seed and keep it moist (Use half as much for thin areas). Only apply the recommended amount so that seedlings have enough space to access water and nutrients.
3. WATER – A deep and thorough initial watering is the key to success. Gently water the area until EZ Seed® is completely saturated and no more water is being absorbed (may take several minutes). Avoid pooling water. When EZ Seed® begins to turn light brown, it’s time to water again. Continue to water daily as needed to keep the soil surface moist until the seedlings reach at least 2 inches tall.
- Fertilizer releases over time to ensure quick lawn establishment and long term feeding.
- Click Here to see how easy it is to use Scotts EZ Seed.
- If you have recently used a weed control or prevention product, please refer to the product labels to determine whether or not it is the appropriate time to plant grass seed.
- Available in the following States: AK, AZ, CA, CO, CT, DE, IA, ID, IL, IN, KS, KY, MA, MD, ME, MI, MN, MO, MT, NC, ND, NE, NH, NJ, NM, NV, NY, OH, OR, PA, RI, SD, TN, UT, VA, VT, WA, WI, WV, WY
Scotts EZ Seed is available in the following sizes: 3.75 lbs., 10 lbs., 20 lbs., 40 lbs. Just like their slogan says: Scotts EZ Seed at Lowes. Watch it grow!
By Victoria Stone